30 May 2011

COMING SOON: The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

Does anyone know what unbecoming means?
Nevermind! I just googled it. It means unflattering, unseemly.... (for some reason reading the definition reminds me of the 1700s.)
So anyways. After I read the description, I was interested. But then I read the excerpt... which was a mistake cause now I'm dying. Dying to read it. I am a very curious person so reading excerpts are torture to me. The summaries I read are frustratingly vague and all I got from them was that there was a murder and it may be this Mara Dyer's fault. Also, I'm pretty sure there's something supernatural going on.
I love the cover. I'm obsessed with it. It's mysterious and eerie and just makes me even more curious. And then there's this widget which makes the cover wavey and look like it's actually underwater.Oh-Mazing.

___________________________________________________________________

by Michelle Hodkin 
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing
27 September 2011
464 Pages


Mara Dyer doesn't think life can get any stranger than waking up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there.

It can.

She believes there must be more to the accident she can't remember that killed her friends and left her mysteriously unharmed.

There is.

She doesn't believe that after everything she's been through, she can fall in love.

She's wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment